Friday, April 11, 2008

Crush on, Crush off

Last night I was finally able to have some adult conversation. Teaching five year olds for a living makes your realize how important this is. Considering I live in Gainesville, where no one else is, I find myself talking to five year olds more than adults. So last night Love invited me to tag along with her friends. Not only was I able to talk to adults, but I was involved in intriguing conversation. I love being able to catch a glimpse into people's lives, their struggles, their joys, and what motivates them. Last night it just happened to be Jason Tatum. What an inspiring person. Who knew he was such a wonderful writer and eloquent speaker. I was given the privilege of hearing his life story last night... wow is all I can say.

It was also interesting how I ran into people I have not seen in years. Eli for one. I knew I missed her, but did not realize how much. Seeing her was like going home for Christmas. It was familiar and reminded me of memories I had left behind. I love old friends. They remind you of who you are and where you have been. Eliza is one of those people that makes you feel special. When you talk to her you feel as if you are the only person who exists. She remembers people that you figure she has forgotten, asks about things you once struggled with, and encourages you in all the new decisions she has not been a part of.  Finding a friend like her is like finding a  needle in a haystack. And even though it has been years since I have seen her I still feel as if I hit the jackpot. So thanks for showing up last night Eli and thanks to everyone else for wonderful conversation and friendship.

No comments: