Monday, September 1, 2008

nothing to fear but fear itself.

There really is nothing to fear but fear itself. Sometimes I find myself in a state of fear. Not extreme knock your socks off kind of fear, but the fear that comes softly. The kind that makes you think something is wrong but you just are not quite sure what. I once thought I was alone in this, but I realize now I am not. It just comes sometimes without warning or reason and makes you want to hide out for a while away from everyone and everything. Maybe it is caused by stress or maybe it is spiritual warfare. Whatever it is, it is enough to stop you and prevent you from the wonderful things that may come your way. God says He will never leave me nor forsake me, and I believe that. But even as I write this I hear emergency sirens off in the distance which is an ever present reminder of my humanness, and a reminder that God may be in control, but that does not mean bad things will not happen. It also does not mean that spiritual warfare does not exist. I am living proof of that.

No comments: