Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just the Beginning...

Insecurity. It is a word that I know that most women are familiar with. It is a word that not only fits our descriptions of ourselves, but for some of us it haunts our lives. It manifests itself in numerous forms: weight, physical features, power, security, etc. If I am to be honest, then I have to admit that I have sized up a few women in my day based on looks, personality, morals and oh so many other ways. However, after a few life changes I am beginning to realize my own insecurities. The main questions I find asking myself, God, and the people in my life is "Do you think I am beautiful?" and "Am I worthy?". As of now I am unsure exactly why these questions surface up in my heart like a bouy does with you throw it in an ocean. These are questions I try to stuff way down deep in the darkest part of the ocean of my heart. But, alas, bouys do not sink and no matter how hard you throw them down, they always manage to come back up again.

As a result, I have decided to go on my own journey to discover true beauty and reasons for insecurity not only in myself, but in the lives of other women I know. Most of the time, for me, my greatest discoveries are through typed or handwritten letters to God. So, that is the format I plan on using. Please feel free to comment and give your own ideas on the subject. Thanks and love you all.

No comments: