Tuesday, May 13, 2008

INVINCIBLE

Today was a rough day. It was one of those days where you wake up in the morning and none of your clothes look good on, you feel ugly, and you can't seem to do anything right. This is how my day started, and it just continued to get worse from there. Instead of my mood improving I became more and more frustrated because of a series of events that just seemed to keep falling on me like dominoes. When it rains... it pours.... As I grow and mature I am beginning to see the validity in this saying. By the end of the work day I was crying, and not just tears, but the ugly cry. It wasn't any certain event, but it was the compilation of how I was feeling about myself and everything else that had happened. Although I was experiencing a breakdown, work continued and life kept moving despite the fact that all I wanted to do was go home and go back to bed. I do not know what God was trying to teach me out of this, but I do know I learned something. It may sound ridiculous, but I learned that I am not invincible. Sometimes I vainly think that nothing bad could ever happen to me, and today it did. I have been humbled.....

1 comment:

Boggsy said...

Katie Blackwood!! I just now saw that you had a blog...Fun stuff! I'll have to read through some of your old posts and catch up with you that way. I hope your days have been better since Tuesday! Later...
Justin